Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Blogging or Bloging?

Blogging

Basically I have no experience blogging. From what I was reading, it is a lot of talking about different situations in life, and stating your thoughts and opinion for others to read. Maybe not the most exciting thing in the world, but it could very well lead to gaining some interesting perspectives. I think if someone were to blog constantly, more than they socialize, it could become unhealthy. Blogging is a different way of socializing, and its not nearly the same as talking to somebody in person. This is because, your writing styles may be different than when you speak, and over the Internet you have loads of more to time to sit back and think about what you would like to say and how to phrase it. Personally I'm having a hard time trying to come up 300 words to base my opinion on anything. I feel as though I have to aim towards getting my 300 words on the page rather than writing what I actually feel. This could be because I have never blogged before in my life. Or because I'm not much of a conversationalist anyway. As I'm rounding 200 words in my blog I have to wonder to write about next. I was wondering what to write on my blog just yesterday. Thats when I was talking about this class with a buddy of mine. He was telling me there is really not any right or wrong answer. So just say what you have to say about what was said is how I'm going to look at it until I learn otherwise. I think that I will become better at broadening my statements for length as I continue to blog. Making the 300 words come easier to me. Making this an assignment I can approach enthusiastically.

1 comment:

  1. Your buddy was spot-on. The goal is to just write. I provide the prompts to give you a starting point. Where you go from there is up to you--even if you're counting every single word as you go along.

    ReplyDelete